This peach cobbler only uses 4 ingredients and is super quick to throw together for a weeknight treat. It is also gluten free!
I got the idea for this recipe from the “diet soda hack” cobblers I have seen on Pinterest. I bought a few of the Lil Buff Protein mixes and have been experimenting with using them in different desserts. These mixes do contain whey protein but Lil Buff is coming out with a vegan version soon that I am excited to try! When I am able to get some of the new vegan mixes I will try this recipe again 🙂
All you need are peaches(fresh or canned will work), diet soda(I used Zevia Cream soda), Lil Buff Protein Cake Mix(I used Fit-Fetti), and cinnamon. I think this would also be good with the gingerbread cake mix flavor but I haven’t tried it yet.
I topped my cobbler with a scoop of Vanilla Maple Dairy Free Halo Top which added 95 calories, but the total calories were still under 250 which I think is really good for a dessert! It also had a total of almost 15g of protein.
- 145 grams peaches
- 23 grams Lil Buff Protein Cake mix(half of a single serve bag)
- 1/2 cup Diet Soda
- Cinnamon, to taste
optional: Halo Top or other ice cream or whipped topping
Nutritional Info(not including optional topping):
154 calories – 11.8g Protein / 20.2 Carbs / 2.8g Fat
- Chop up peaches into small pieces, you do not need to remove the skin but you do need to remove the pit
- Place peaches in a medium size ramekin
- Sprinkle cake mix over the top of the peaches evenly and press down so it is in the crevices, sprinkle cinnamon on top
- Pour about 1/2 cup of diet soda over the top, do this slowly so it doesn’t overflow
- Sprinkle cinnamon over the top again if desired
- Bake at 350 degrees for 30-40 minutes
- Let cool slightly and top with ice cream/whipped cream etc., serve while still warm