Protein Pancakes! I have been so jealous of people who are able to eat the Kodiak Cakes so I came up with a Gluten Free and Dairy Free Version!
This recipe is super easy, you can make it with only 4-5 ingredients(and one of those is water)! You can also add blueberries, bananas, chocolate chips or whatever else you like on your pancakes!
The best protein powder for this is the Ghost Vegan Pancake Batter flavor but it would work with other protein powders as well – this one just already tastes like pancakes! I also love the Lakanto Maple Flavored Syrup(pictured)
If you want to make these extra fluffy you can whip the egg whites separately and then fold into the batter – or to make things quicker you can just add the liquid egg whites directly to the protein powder batter. I like them both ways it just depends how much time I have.
You do have to be careful with the heat level when you’re cooking these to prevent them from burning, and make sure you start with a hot griddle or non-stick pan. It is also helpful to have a good spatula – I like fish spatulas for this, they are good at getting underneath the pancakes without breaking them up.
Nutrition(for whole recipe):
205 calories / 35.5g Protein / 9.7g Carbs / 2.7g Fat
- Ghost Vegan Pancake Batter flavored protein powder(45g)
- Egg Whites(90g)
- Water (1/2 cup)
- Baking Powder (1/2 tsp)
- Optional Cream of Tartar 1/2 tsp, you will need this if you choose to whip your egg whites
- Measure out your protein powder and baking powder, mix thoroughly
- If you want extra fluffy pancakes that take a little more time: in a stand mixer whip the egg whites with cream of tartar until stiff peaks form
- If you aren’t whipping your egg whites just add them to your protein powder mix and then add enough water to make a batter. If you are using the whipped egg whites then add about 1/2 cup of water to your protein powder mix to make a batter and gently fold into your whipped egg whites.
- Heat up your griddle
- Spoon/Pour batter onto griddle in whatever size pancakes you prefer
- Cook until bubbles start to pop on the surface, then flip and cook for a few more minutes
- Serve warm with syrup if desired!