I love a hot apple cider in the fall weather but most recipes are loaded with sugar! I decided to play around with a few ingredients and came up with this zero calorie hot apple cider drink. The first night I made it I ended up making 2 big mugs of it, which I downed in under 10 minutes. It is SO GOOD and totally satisfied my apple cider craving.
The Whipped topping does contain dairy but you could easily substitute it for foamed almond milk, dairy free coconut whipped cream, or leave it out altogether. But if you can tolerate a small amount of whey isolate then I highly recommend the Jordan’s Skinny Syrups Whipped Foam Topping in Pumpkin Caramel flavor. I wasn’t sure about it when I saw it at TJ Maxx but I looked at the reviews on Amazon and decided to give it a try – and it is really foamy! I also have the Vanilla collagen flavor which I haven’t tried yet but I’m exited to try it on my coffee.
The other ingredient you’ll need is Jordan’s Skinny Syrup – any of the fall flavors would probably work but this one sounded the best to me, Pumpkin Cinnamon Roll – Yum!
The Republic of Tea Hot Apple Cider Tea is a must – I highly recommend this tea, it has no caffeine and even on it’s own it tastes like a treat – it is also marked gluten free.
- 1 Hot Apple Cider tea bag
- 1 cap full of fall-flavored Jordan’s Skinny Syrup
- Hot Water
- Jordan’s Skinny Syrup Whipped Foam Topping
- Boil water in a kettle or microwave safe cup
- Pour water over hot apply cider tea bag in your mug
- Add 1-2 cap full of Skinny Syrup
- Allow the tea to steep, remove tea bag when the tea is a dark orange color
- Top with as many pumps of whipped foam topping as you want – you can also sprinkle some pumpkin pie spice on top!
I hope you enjoy this zero calorie treat!