This recipe is a great way to use up an over-ripe banana and get some protein in. This banana bread is easy to make and is also gluten free and macro friendly since it is low calorie.
This recipe is not dairy free due to the Lil Buff Cake Mix, but once their vegan cake mixes are available I bet it will work to substitute the vegan mix for the FitFetti mix.
I used my Wilton mini loaf pan but you could also use a cupcake pan, small ramekins or loaf pan – just watch the cooking time to make sure you don’t over or under-cook it.
These reheat very well, I recommend reheating them in an air fryer if you have one, just make sure you put them on a piece of foil so they don’t stick.
Ingredients:(makes 6 mini loaves)
- Lil Buff Fitfetti Cake Mix (57g, one single serve bag)
- Unsweetened almond milk(1/4 cup)
- 133g banana
- 1 whole egg (50g)
- Butter extract, Vanilla Extract, Cinnamon and Salt
- Coconut oil spray or other non-stick spray
Nutritional Information(for 1 cake, recipe makes 6):
80 calories – 5.6g Protein / 7.87g Carbs / 2.82g Fat
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees
- Mash banana
- Add almond milk, egg, and cake mix
- Add 1/4 tsp butter extract, 1/4 tsp vanilla extract, 1 tablespoon cinnamon and a pinch of salt – mix everything until combined
- Grease mini loaf pans with coconut oil spray
- Divide batter evenly between 6 cavities
- Bake for 20-30 minutes until center is cooked through
- Carefully remove from pan and allow to cool – top with more cinnamon. Store in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to 5 days or freeze